5 week old baby that will not settle

Hi My 5 week old son is up most of the day and will not settle when I put him down, hence I am now so tired and upset as nothing is working and the crying is beginning to wear me down as I feel a bit helpless as he is fed and been changed, not ill and he seems so unhappy.....

I just want some sleep :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you still swaddling him? He may need to feel securely wrapped to sleep.
    Anonymous

• Try making sure he is burped really well. Maybe gas drops?
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• have you tried co-sleeping? gripe water? is he too hot/cold? is there too much going on (noise/light)? is he drinking enough?
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• do you have a wrap/sling/carrier?
    kyriesmommy13

• Swaddle him he needs to feel secure. Pick up the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. There is also a video on how to wrap up the babe like a burrito. And when he is relaxed and asleep then there you go your time to rest. It worked and I got my beauty sleep.
    Ellewest

Answer by Ellewest at 11:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Hi thanks for these.. We are co sleeping and I am swaddling him at night ( I have the happiest baby on the block alothough I have not finished reading it yet :)), it is just really during the day he is awake and will not go down..

I do use a carrier, but it is so hot at the moment, he gets super hot and upset....
    JoyJunior

Answer by JoyJunior at 5:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2009