You can either bring me a drink and flip me a burger, or go get a doctorate

My congressman's take on the Cap and Trade, as they're showing a map that highlights pretty much every midwestern state will lose massive amounts of jobs due to the explosive cost increase and red tape this is going to give to every manufacturing company in the nation.
Is this really how Democrats view the working class, or should they perhaps call their elected representatives and tell them how to do their jobs correctly?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I actually LIKE bringing people drinks. Bartending is FUN. . .

Totally off the point, tho. . .

This bill HAS to get stopped in the senate. It's nothing more than a giant fundraiser power grab. Pelosi is an evil she devil that needs to get fired. I'm glad a lot of people have their panties in a wad about this, I just hope they still remember it next week.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If you are in the mid-west, you are in "flyover" zone. Only the opinions of those who live on the coast are important.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We are county #1 to lose jobs under cap and trade, by the number of 10,000+. Districts #2-6 are adjoining to us. If this passes completely there will not be a single blue collar job available within 100 miles of us in any direction. And before some smartass says to move - should the entire population of Northern Indiana move?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I feel your pain. Our area is a heavy oil/natural gas producer. One of the largest companies in the area was planning a major expansion, bringing in tons of new jobs. This will pretty much kill the expansion. The few companies who do solar installation are busy, but they only employ about 3 people a piece. They can't even get solar panels because Germany is buying them all, and the price is through the roof. Who can afford an extra $35,000+ to convert, anyway?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am scared for my state.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• This is how one person in your area describes it, he doesn't speak for all dems just like not ever republican congressman speaks for you.
    Anonymous

That is my republican congressman and he does speak for me, quite well tonight. He is describing the only options that will be left for the northern half of our state if this idiot bill gets through the senate.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• "I am scared for my state."

Curl up with your blankie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009