Breast pump question

im just wondering is it okay o breast pump before you give birth and then freese the milk untill it is ready if you are 36 weeks along or no

Mrs.NewMommy303

Asked by Mrs.NewMommy303 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• U should ask ur dr about this but I dont think so. I thought that the first milk the yellow stuff that comes out is what the baby needs when they for the first couple of days but I am really not sure about this.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• uhhh i dont think your milk is ready yet (cuz it gos thro changes). but idk for sure. def ask your doc
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 9:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No the breast pump will release pitocin in your body and that is the same hormone that causes labor. Plus your chance of being engorged by the time you actually give birth. So it's not recommended
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009