How much would you pay for a stroller and carseat travel system that was used by a friend and in good condition?

If I am correct it cost her 129.99 and she bought it a year ago but only used it for 4-5 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on what kind of seat it is...and if I planned on having other kids. Remember if they have been in an accident or dropped hard they are no longer good, and they are only good for about 5-6 years from date of manufacturer not when she bought it.

I never knew that some seats are better than others...cheaper seats will only last the 4-5 months but spend a bit more and they last til 1-2 years old becuase they go to 32lbs and 32 inches..

If you know the seat is safe and want to buy it, check the date of manufacture on the seat, divide it by 6(number of years its good) and so if it was 130 then divide it by 6 is 21.66..its only good 5 more years so thats 108 dollars...works better for older and more expensive seats but its a great way to calculate.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I got a carseat/stroller system, almost brand new, only got used for a few months for $25 at a flea market. Yes, I know they were strangers, but you could tell it was brand new. I'd say no more than $50, even if it is in tip-top shape.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• OMG please don't ever buy a used carseat from strangers, for all you know it was in an accident...and if you had one it wouldn't restrain your child!!!
    Anonymous

• First: I'd find out the DOM, and expiration date. Ask if the straps have ever been washed.( if they were submerged in water, rather then spot cleaned, you shouldn't use it). Find out if it's been in any accident, no matter how minor or if the seat was occupied. Ask yourself if the previous owner is someone you would trust the lives of your kids with, and if all those are correctly answered, I wouldn't pay more then $75, if that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I would never buy a used carseat even if i knew the person...just but a new carseat and buy the stroller from her.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2009