I need to speak with someone who has once contemplated suicide...

Okay, I'm not as sick as the question sounds. I've been working on a book for a long time and I keep writing the same first three to five chapters over and over and over. The main character is about to kill himself and I don't think I'm REALLY feeling the pain and the desperation that someone in that situation would be feeling because I've never been there myself. I need to get into "his" head to make this authentic, so I thought perhaps if anyone is comfortable letting me into their heads... it could prove beneficial. No names will mentioned of course, and if it's too personal just don't respond!

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've been suicidal, even attempted suicide and been hospitalized for it, but can I contact you a different way than a question post?
    Anonymous

• Yes...you can PM here or email me at erin.hill@rocketmail.com. OR I am on yahoo all the time. My SN is laneynyla226.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• When I was 16.. my BF cheated, said he loved me, talked me into oral, droped me off at my house, then called me to tell me he actually LOVED the other girl. So to me that was just the end I trusted him and thought I loved him then he did that to me. I don't actually know the reasoning behind it I think I just felt used and alone..... maybe? Anyways I took my mom's hair cutting scissors and started slicing away at my arms and took like 10 benadryl and 15 motrin. I ended up in psych for a week.
    Anonymous

• Ok, just sent you a message.
    Anonymous

• judith_visco@yahoo.com
    You can IM me or PM me here, I've been hospitilized for it 4 times in 6 years. you can ask me whatever you would like
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• many years ago I tried to harm myself by OD'ing on asprin. I was young and stupid. but my bf was becoming very controlling and manupulative and I couldnt take it anymore. I'm thankful to still be here and that he is out of my life
    Anonymous

• I was in 7Th grade..My dad and I have been fighting a lot and so one morning on the was to school I stopped by the store and stole whatever pills i could..My dad was a drug addict, a controlling drug addict..I don't even remember what i did wrong but one day i came home and he was very upset.I said something in a TONE i guess and the next thing i knew he was chocking me..then he kicked me..then kicked glass in my face..I remember my uncle coming an shutting the door. He just looked at me and shut it..That night i took out my pills and took them ALL..And i just layed waiting to die...well my cousin came in to see if i was ok and i was not responding very well..he went and got my dad..my dad just looked at me and walked out. my aunt came in and made me throw up all that she could. No one took me to the hospital..Im thankful to be alive and my dad has no excuse for what he did...

Anonymous

• Some suicidal people have just one way in their mind that they see themselves dying. For me I always picture different things. It's like my mind likes to think of all the ways. It's painful because some days I really just want it to end and so I try to force out images of the people that I love from my mind, which I never can, and so, I'm still here.
    Anonymous

• I think what it can best be described is a desperate attempt to stop the empty, lonely, desolation felt by one. IDK how much maturity has to do with it since it happens at any age.
    Anonymous