OK Lets talk Cap and Trade UPDATE!

Sorry, I could not update on the origingal question so I am doing it here with the original guestion . Update is at bottom

Since this is the next thing congress will vote on I want your opinions. I think a lot of people don't even understand it so please either ask if you want to know or move on. I know there are some people out there who want this plan by Obama so lets have a sane conversation as to why you want it and think it will do what they want it to. No bashing, if you feel the urge coming on don't answer. If you have an opinion either way I want to hear it.

UPDATE
Voted on Fri evening in House. Bill passed by 4 votes. 8 Rhinos voted for it.
Mary Bono-Mack (CA)
Mike Castle (DE)
Mark Steven Kirk (IL)
Leonard Lance (NJ)
Frank LoBiondo (NJ)
John M. McHugh (NY)
Dave Reichert (WA)
Chris Smith (NJ)

We’re going to focus on these 8 douche bags like a laser beam over the next 16 months

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't believe anyone voted for it. When we see our energy bills go up we know who to thank.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The Dems in the house added 300 pages to this 1200 pg bill fri 3:09 am. John Boehner the minority leader read excerpts (to Waxmans dismay) to help everyone know what was in it. It's scary, as everything costs us money or freedoms. Very minimal jobs just more ridiculous red tape and alot more government control. All new regs. will be to California standards. The state that bankrupted themselves with these very regulations and laws. Even state controls taken away and given to Washington. This is not just a tax on big business. It encompasses your whole life from the energy we use daily to buying a house toremodeling or selling that house.
    The Senate votes soon and we must continue to bombard the phonelines in Washington letting our Senators know this is not alright. 1-201-225-3121 If you can't get through there call your State offices or email your Senators.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They are RHINO's whenever they don't "tow the party line"..........Just because they don't agree with you lock step and barrel does NOT make them any LESS republican. Do you want carbon copies of yourself?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Umm yeah sweet, thats what RHINO means ....... Republican in name only. Whats it to you?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

exactly. and the op said no bashing. but started the post by bashing those reps that she didn't agree with
    Anonymous

• so they are only republicans if they follow the party line completely with no disagreements?
    Anonymous

• sweet-...do you understand what this bill does? If not, please educate yourself honey. This is the biggest tax hike in American history. And you have no idea what it is to be a Republican. What if Princess Pelosi wanted to make abortion illegal? You'd call her a traitor too now wouldn't you?

Anonymous

• Just tried reading over a few articles about it, been a busy week so I haven't kept up with anything lately. Looks scary to me. AEP has already been approved ANOTHER raise, 2nd one this year. I could only imagine the money this is going to cost us, especially when our electric company comes at us with 12% raises every year to begin with. Doesn't look good to me.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• LOL This just proves an earlier post on why Libs can't answer a question. I asked a question and got nothing from them but blah blah blah. Sorry, ladies. We had a great conversation going till Sweet and the Anons came along. They just can't follow directions. Please just don't engage them. They are obviously not interested in the subject we have been discussing.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No bashing, if you feel the urge coming on don't answer. If you have an opinion either way I want to hear it.

ROFL, you can't even follow your own directions!

Another win for us libs. No reason to discuss it any further.
    Anonymous