How can I increase my milk supply? HELP!!!

I have been pumping during the day & breastfeeding at night since my daughter was born. (She's 4 months now) I haven't had much milk lately. I would usually get about 5-6 oz now I'm lucky if Iget 3 oz. Does anyone know what I can do to increase my milk? I am taking more milk plus capsules by Motherlove. I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I don't know what else to do. I'm starting to stress which makes the situation worse. Anyone please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You may need to pump more often, the more you pump the more you will produce. Also, make sure you are eating plenty of nutritious foods.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• my doctor recommended taking fenugreek. It's an herbal supplement that is supposed to increase milk supply.
    snb216

Answer by snb216 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• can you nurse her more often? if you are already taking more milk plus, i don't think i'd take fenugreek as well. have you tried eating oatmeal? the regular kind works better than the instant. my pediatrician recommended a beer a day, but i have heard some say it works and others say it doesn't. on the rare occasion that i do have a beer, it seems like i produce more BUT i had great results with the oatmeal. good luck momma!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Drink lots of water
    have lots lof skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    take brewers yeast tablets
    nurse frequently, at least every hour
    RELAX!!!
    pump in between breastfeeding
    look at pictures of your baby while you pump

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If you haven't tried this yet get yourself some Organic Mothers Milk tea. This help promotes Healthy Lactation and it is caffeine free. You can get it at any health food store or at your local grocery. It did wonders for me. Also get your beauty sleep when your babe is sleeping go down for a nap that helps the flow of milk. You also may want to talk to a lactation nurse they are very helpful. One more thing don't get stressed that will work the opposite and your babe will pick up on your vibe and the nursing experience won't go well. Best of Luck and hang in there its well worth it love.
    Ellewest

Answer by Ellewest at 11:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nurse as often as you can instead of pumping unless you are away from baby, if you are awy from baby pump every 2 hours with a good pump for 20 minutes...I had to take extra more milk plus pills then it said for my weight and aslo eat oatmeal too. Look up lactation cookies and make those.

4 months is a time when pumping amounts drop that is normal, and babies tend to be extra hungry because of a growth spurt. Nurse nurse nurse and pump pump pump...you can do it!!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009