Is it just my husband or are there others

When something is bothering me about my husband I tell him. I go into deep details and tell exactly how I feel or when Im telling him how much I love him I tell him in detail and with passion, but when it comes to him talking to me its very shallow, he wont go into detail and tell me his feelings he tells me he dont know how to say what hes thinking I tell him just to say it but he dont. I want to know how he feels and because he dont answer me sometimes I think that love is just a word to him. I know he loves me though but im not sure what he thinks about me. Even when I dress up he hardley ever comments on me. He does tell me I am pretty but usually I get more comments and compliments from other guys. For example my perfume-he never tells me I smell good but other guys always comment on how good I smell. Is it just my husband or are there others like him? I hope this makes since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Read Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. It explains what you are observing. They are different than we are. It is helpful to understand them better.

Answer by Bmat at 10:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• sounds like me and my hubby only opposite. He tells me everything and I don't say much. But the problem is when he is ready to talk, I am not! And when I am, he isn't... plus I don't know how to put it into words (like your hubby says). And when he keeps pressuring me I shut out even more. We do talk but when we both are ready and I am not occupied with our dd.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• BMAT..you said what I was going to say. He's a Martian and she's a venutian. Men and women communicate differently. John Greys book really can help you understand how men think and how to bettter communicate what you need or want to them. You are sooo not the only one.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• some guys are just like that! my SO shows me love in so many ways. we've been together for 2 years and have a baby together, but I still yet to hear him say "I love you". I did ask him about this and he says his past gf's overused the saying. I can understand. if something is said way too much it gets old. but that doesnt mean he doesnt love me. at least you are being open with him, and in a way he is expressing himself...by saying he doesnt really know how to! as long as he is showing love for you and shows he wants to be with you, thats all that matters. some guys arent into expressing emotions! it does hurt me somtimes that SO isnt very romantic or passionate, but he's the best bf i've ever had. he works very hard to support us!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Some men are just that way. Just because he doesnt say things EXACTLY like you want him to doesnt mean he doesnt think/feel them. Men show their feelings in different ways, heck, everyone shows their feelings in different ways. With my husband and I, we are sort of the opposite. I'm not very good with words, but I do everything i can to SHOW him in detail how much I love him. He on the other hand, is able to vocalize things better than i can, and he backs his words up with his actions.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Dr Phil always talked about how many words a woman uses per day compared to the few men use each day. It's just the way it is. My SO isn't big on being verbal so when he speaks I listen bc he means his few words from the heart. Just find the good in what your guy says. He truly means them. Men are more concise than we females!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009