Why has caring about others and how our children grow up turned into it's not your kid don't worry about it mind your own business?

I guess I just notice when someone shares a concern, because they see more and more overweight children, or their daughters friends dress too trashy for being 12, or how some kids are becoming ungreatful because it's all handed to them, they get a ton of people saying back off it doesn't affect you, mind your own business. Not to be confused with being mean and bitching about others. I'm not saying we should ever stop working on ourselves, I just wonder if maybe more issues were made to be everyone's business we could come up with some solutions. Is it wrong to have feelings towards these issues? How do you feel?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When the situation is a family that chooses to homeschool rather than send their children to PS, I respect the decision. That's a family decision.

When it's a case of obese 3 year olds, or 11 year olds dressed like hookers, I do have an opinion. Would I give my opinion to a random stranger? No. If it's a friend, yes.
    Anonymous

• For the most part, I am one of those "mind your own business" people. Unless someone is doing something that is dangerous to themselves or others, let them be. You would not like it if someone poked and proded at you and judged your personal choices, be it about parenting or about yourself.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well, since the government doesn't have any concern for us, then we should have concern for each other. The prob is that some parents do NOT want to admit there is something wrong with their child. Be it overweight, being on drugs, needing to be on drugs, what ever. It takes a villiage to raise a child. That just got lost somewhere along the way.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Wellllll. I don't like to tell other parents how to parent-ize their children. Let's say for example, I thought your 12 yo was dressed like a $2.00 hooker with her chi-chi's hangin' out, shirt mid drif exposing a pierced bellybutton, enough make-up to put even Tammy Faye to shame, What would you say to me?

Or let's says here you had a kid who's IDK,30-50 pounds overweight eatin' a big mac and drinkin' a large chocolate shake and I says to you,"Wow, Do you really think he NEEDS to be eating that?

Seeeeeeeeeeee?

Some parents have common sense to care about taking care of their children's health and clothing and all the other things that come with parenting, some don't. What ya gonna do? Ya'know?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree with you. As a society we SHOULD be concerned about the path our children are headed down...whether it is our own kids or someone else's...because ultimately OUR kids will be affected by the attitudes and mindsets of OTHER'S kids...negatively or positively. Now there is a fine line between being a concerned parent and sticking your nose in places and opening your mouth were it doesn't belong, but regardless, if more of us took a little time to take a look around at the young men and women we are raising today, maybe we could see the problems and try and go the other way.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Why? Because im the MOTHER of my child not you.
    Anonymous

• Cont'
    I'm not saying it's wrong to feel like,"Dude! WTF!?" But to actually go to a total stranger saying something like this is kinda frowned upon no matter how much we mean well. It kinda sucks, I know.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• And this is the reason my son doesn't hang out with kids like this.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• See, if it is constructive I really wouldn't mind if someone was concerned about something I was doing. And I'm not talking about directly towards the actual person doing it. I'm talking about when people share their feelings on here or are just trying to understand something. I'm talking about caring about things so they don't happen to OUR children.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Ha!Ha! I would never do that to a total stranger! That's not a good way to make someone receptive!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2009