Different pronunciation of names?

In the past week ive met two couples who pronounce their kids names totally different. One couple has a Son Named Regland... The Mom says "Rezhland" kinda how you pronounce the Z in Zha Zha Gabor... and the Dad calls him Regland... the G pronounced like in the word Regular.

The second couple was the Name Alyssa. The Mom said "Alyssa" and the Dad said "Elisia"

They sound like 2 different names. Do you or anyone you know pronunciate your/their kids name different? Does it confuse the kids?

Haha it confused me, I didnt know which name to call them by hehe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe one of parents has an accent?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• eveyone says my sons name wrong and it is not a hard name...
    Anonymous

• no, I've never seen that before.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I knew a woman whose DH INSISTED on naming their son KIDDO. Mom hated it, and called him by his middle name, Alex.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I see this all the time... If I have a girl im naming her carmella and although most people will call her cARmella, I pronounce it ka-mel-a, without the R. It happens with all names, even those easy ones... My name is melissa and I grew up being called missy, lissa and mel... So it doesnt really matter. Kids learn to respond to their names depending on who is calling them.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2009