Is this just a phase?

My girl is usually a good sleeper. half the time she'll sleep through the night, the other half she'll get up once to eat but go back to sleep no problem.
This past week she's been getting up at 2 and then staying up untill 3, 4 or the one night 5!
She isn't fussing, she's laughing and babbling. She only starts fussing when we're trying hard to get her back to sleep. What's this all about?
She is 4 months old if that matters.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 11:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you feeding her with lights on and playing games. I know when I do this with my DD she gets so excited and wants to play even if it is 4am. I noticed a massive difference when I stopped using the alarm clock for light in these early morning feeds and just use a night light. At this age though they are starting a massive wonder week and sleep problems often come up. GL. Mine is the same age
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No I just use the light coming in from the street to feed her, or the hall light with the door open a crack..
    Lol I'm tired, what do you mean by 'At this age though they are starting a massive wonder week '?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• She might be teething or getting a growth spurt. I know my daughter slept horribly during those times. Do you have a swing? I use to put my DD in there and lay on the couch.

During nap time, catch up on sleep if you can.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• that's the thing she won't nap either!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Just make sure you don't turn any lights on, don't talk to her, don't even look her in the eyes. No interaction what so ever. That's what I do, always have, with both my kids. It might sound a little cruel, but it works, and you have to signal to her, that it is night time, and when it is night, we sleep.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009