IM ALMOST 5 MONTHS PREGNANT AND MY BABY HASNT KICKED YET BUT MY SISTER BABY DIDNT KICK UNTIL SHE WAS 7 MONTHS PREGNANT SHOULD I BE CONCRNED OR WHAT? IS THIS NORMAL?

Ms.Byrd1

Asked by Ms.Byrd1 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it is your first baby, then it probably is pretty normal that you haven't felt the baby kick yet. I didn't feel my first baby until I was having my first ultrasound at 22 weeks. I saw her kick and I felt it at the same time. After that I felt her move all the time.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• dont worry hon, some people cant feel the baby kick at 5 months, with my son i felt him at 5 months but with my daughter i couldnt.... at you next doc appointment just talk to them and just make sure the baby is doing good..... try drinking something like juice or soda and lay on ur left side, u might be able to feel a kick that way
    Anonymous

• When i was pregnant i anxiously awaited the kicking but towards the end i just wished he would settle down because i hurt so much..lol...but seriously as long as your dr. hasn't said anything is wrong don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• as long as you've seen the dr on a regular basis and they've told you your baby is doing fine i wouldn't worry. everyone feels there baby at a different time. there is no week set in stone that you're going to first feel it.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• my kids werent very active,,, so i didnt feel them kick very often at all, i wasnt even showing at 5 months either, just had lazy abbies!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nope, you're fine. I didn't feel mine kicking until my fifth month. I've almost 7 months now, and I feel him kicking like crazy. I was getting worried too, but then he started. Also, if your placenta is in the front, that will muffle it some. Mine is, and that's one reason why I probably didn't feel it until a bit later.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I didn't feel my son kick until about 18 weeks. Like the poster above said I was so anxious to feel him kick then he nearly kicked me to death for the rest of the pregnancy! Ask your doctor if you should be concerned but I'm sure everything is fine!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2009