Anyone ever used...

eHarmony or Match.com or any other websites like it?? Any good matches or bad matches??

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• they are both too rich for my blood. Back when I was meeting guys online I was on adultfriendfinder and found some great guys. I met SO and closed out my profile.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I used eHarmony when I was single and was not impressed. The personality quiz is like 45 minutes long and then all the guys they matched me up with were Catholic, which I am not, so I don't know what I answered wrong that got paired that way (Clarification: as a Christian, I'm not saying Catholics aren't Christian, just that is a denomination that you'd better be on board with if you want a serious relationship with someone who is Catholic, very similar to Evangelicals that way - Methodists and Baptist don't seem to mind as much if your beliefs are different or unsure). Also there were no guys in my area - they were all several states away. I ended up going to relationships.com which used to be a Christian site (don't know if it still is) and had way more fun AND the first day met the man I am now married to.
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 11:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My recently widowed (2yrs ago) 72yr old dad used eHarmony and found a 70 yr old woman - she is pushing him to get married 4 months after meeting online, 2months after knowing in person - he announced they are getting married this summer. I officially kissed my inheritance good-bye as she comes from a long tough, financially struggling life.

On the other hand, I met my husband online - we dated a year, and were married after a 10 month engagement...I realize my dad's age puts a rush on the situation, but my brother, and my four stepsiblings (my mom died in 1989, stepmom died 2007) all want him to put on the brakes until after the holidays...but he's acting like a freakin' 16yr old!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2009