Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help feeling really depressed!

Ok my sons birthday party is next month, I should be happy I know. I was pregnant with twin boys and I went into labor at 31 weeks, well the one died at birth and my other son was suppose to live past a few hr, well he did and 11 months later he is doing great. I should be happy that my most wonderful perfect baby boy is doing great but how do I get over what happened to his brother...? How do I not let this bother me as much? and how do I stop from crying every time I look at my son... I have talked to my doc and he wont give me anything to help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (3)
  • Your doctor should have referred you to a group or therapist that supports parents who have had a child die.

    My condolences on your loss.

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • I am very sorry for your loss I can't tell you how to feel or how to cope. But, your 11 month old needs you. About the Doctor you should get a second opion and care, check with your OB he/she will help you. Also where ever your live there is always a help line for parents also if you join a mothers group or a birth to three group. ( Call the hospital that you delivered at and ask the L/D dept about these types of services. And your son like I said really needs you he also feels an emptiness. Tell yourself that you are a strong mother and there is your son looking back thinking my mom is the greatest. Your going to be ok. Surround yourself with ones who love you friends , family think positive. I wish you the best and much strengh. I will pray for you and your babe. Take Care of yourself.

    Answer by Ellewest at 11:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • i am very sorry for your loss. i also lost my baby when he was only three days old. but you need to go to anether doctor that will help you. i am not taking anything but some how i have not gotten depressed. i lost my son in february. soo call and get anther doctor. some will help you. dont give up.

    Answer by Randys-mom at 1:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.