bottle issues

My 9 month old won't hold his bottle in fact when i go to feed him he puts his hands behind his head and just lounges...lol...what should I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "Do your job woman!!!" (is probably what he is thinking) LOL... I can just picture this. He is a smart baby that's all! Sorry no advice but I am sure if he gets hungry enough he will hold it. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Maybe it is because I breastfed, but I don't understand what is wrong with holding your baby while he eats.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My son is 10 months and just started holding his bottle. He will only do it if I lay him on the floor and he has to do it. When I hold him he does the same thing as yours. He is just smart enough to know you will do it for him.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my son did it at 3 months but I would always try to help him along by putting his hands on his bottle while I was feeding him LOL
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 12:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Just feed him. I love feeding my daughter. Unless somethings going on, she'll just stare up at me and ill stare back. Enjoy it, because there will come a time where he wont want you to at all.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• he will hold in due time just be patient and he will but he not wanting too he like the way you do it.
    Randys-mom

Answer by Randys-mom at 1:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Did he hold it before and now he decided not to hold it? If he has already held it, and is now kicking back for you to do it for him, leave the bottle there, and he'll pick it up when he is hungry. If he never held his bottle before, then you need to encourage him to do it on his own, lest you begin his life as a mama's boy (don't starve him, but find ways to encourage him to hold it on his own)
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 1:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2009