baby is fighting sleep- what can I do!?

6 wk old is fighting sleep. Shes skipped her nap. I've tried food, burping, swing, tummy time, gas drops- its not working. Help!

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 11:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh I hated those nights so much. Turn out all the lights, no TV, soft music and rock her in a recliner or rocker. Put a recieving blanket in the dryer and warm it up (they use warm blankets in the hospital to help calm babies, I find it worked great!). She may put up a fight but she will drift off to the land of nod sooner or later. hang in there mama!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• SWADDLE!!!!! Pick up this book or video The Happiest Baby on the Block. This will save you!! Trust me. This helped my little guy he is now 5 months and I still do this when he does not want to nap. Besides your babe will find it to be secure and that is what she needs.
    Ellewest

Answer by Ellewest at 11:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i agree with vickwu
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2009