Do you think non believers should be allowed to answer Christian questions and vice versa?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• only if the person can behave themselves. nothing screams rude & stupid more than going into a religion specific question just to say "your way is wrong & your dumb for believing in it" or "i dont believe like you do b/c its stupid"

so long as the mom answers the question w/ tact i think its fine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• So you think that we should throw out the First Amendment?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• How are you goign to stop them? Also if you don't want people to answer your questions that are another faith, then you should go to a site based on your faith.
    Anonymous

• Yes everyone should be able to answer, but they should answer respectfully and within their range of knowledge. Neither christian nor non christian should spout off disrespectfully about things they dont know about unless it is a question to get clarification.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes, absolutely...it can open the door to an interesting diaglogue. Even if a person doesn't follow a specific belief, they can still be knowledgable about it. And, who knows? Each side may actually learn something.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Sure, they should be able to answer any questions they want to answer. As long as they are respectful about it, I don't mind hearing some one's opinion even if it differs from my own.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Funny you should ask this, OP. I just got done saying this is a public forum. We can answer whatever questions we want.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ''so long as the mom answers the question w/ tact i think its fine. ''

i couldn't agree more..if the OP asks for 'xtians only' or 'for pagans' or 'catholics' or 'blondes', why do members who aren't any of those insist on posting snarky, irrelevent answers to questions they should just walk away from? rude, uncalled for crap just causes people to want to fight. its not debate; its childish, immature behavior. but then again, this is the internet, and those posters are forever saved from getting b****slapped. whether they post anon or not. kinda like hiding behind momma's skirt, isn't it?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ROFL @ thehairnazi. Hiding behind mamas skirt? Someone needs to invent the cybersmack!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• As a chrisitan I say yes, what they have to say matters just as much as what a christian might say. Just cause we are christians makes us no better and we often OFTEN forget that aspect. They might bring an excellent point or a question up that we might not have thought up. I mean seriously if you want to study the bible thoroughly talk to an atheist they have the BEST questions. They question everything in the bible. So if you really wanna study the bible indepth ask them. Also alot of atheists KNOW the bible almost by heart lol. So obviously when you preach to them they preach back ergo they have made in informed decision on the state of their soul. So at least when I post something and label it christians I am NOT banning non christians from answering, I am simply putting it out there that my question pertains to christianity.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2009