How can I get my three year old potty trained?

My son is three years old, And I'm trying to potty train my son, He has PDD which is a slight case of Autsim, he don't know how to talk so it's hard for me to communicate with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just give it time and be patient with him. Especially since he has a slight disability it might take a little longer and I know it's easy to get frustrated over it (believe me, I was going bonkers trying to get my son potty trained) and for the longest time he would pee but wouldn't poop on the potty. Eventually just one day after I had just left the training alone he started going by himself. This was only a few days before his 4th birthday. If your son has a favorite thing maybe try to bribe him alittle or offer him a special treat if he goes.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My son has a mild form of SPD and I brought the elmo video called Elmo's Potty Time . He loves it and my bbs whose experienced with special needs children suggested making a game out of it. Her idea was to" get him on the potty before he has to go" and" when he hears the timer go off". She said" to take note when he actually goes and reset the timer the next day based on those times". She also said "to take note when he actually goes and reset the timer the next day based on those times". "It kinda makes it a game" she says which I agree with is more fun for me and for my son. Well good luck and message me and let me know how it goes.
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 7:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I used panties and no pull ups. You might could try this a few weeks and see how it goes.
    nah25

Answer by nah25 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009