can someone be removed...

from the sex offender registery??? I saw someone on there a few months ago that I know and now they are NOT there. I have serched several different ways, and NOT there. Can someone be removed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on the offense and how long they were ordered to register for. Some register for life while others for a certain amount of years.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If they moved out of the area or out of state, they could also be removed from your local or state register. Please don't rely on those registers though. There are too many who don't register and just move without telling anyone. My Dh thought that we were in a safe area when we first moved to our town, and at first I was reassured, there's one across town but that's all. But then if you listen on the news, most of those who are caught weren't registered where they were currently living. Also, there are so many who aren't a threat to children, like the couple who got caught having sex a few blocks from a school at night, they had to register, are they most likely a threat? Not likely. Stupid, yes! Or my mom knows a man whose ex wife claimed he raped her, but then she later said she did it just to get custody of their kids, doesn't matter that it got dropped, he still had to register.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• There is a national registry that you can check. Most likely he moved & didn't register
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2009