Wedding Stress- is this NORMAL?!?!

So we just finished the seating chart yesterday, and we're working on a final head count for the rehearsal dinner, so we called around to find out which of my fiancee's family will be in town in time for the dinner. The wedding is next friday.

As we started calling around, 8 of My husbands family- a FULL TABLE of people, informed us they wouldn't be there- among them our flower girl!!!

no one called US, no one gave us any warning... they just weren't gonna show! Had we not called them, we never would've found out.

Do they not realize the final head count is done, and their meals are bought and paid for? Do people REGULARLY make a HABIT of bailing on a wedding and not callng to cancel? Do they not know I just paid $55 a plate (that's $440!) for that table and they couldn't even CALL?!?! WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I remember one bride had a groom not show up and she invited homeless folks to come eat the food. I'm sure you can find friends, family, whoever to come dine with you. It was rude of them to not let you know but it's done. Move on. Get angry later. you need to concentrate on other things.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i agree with the first poster. Dont let it get to you now. I know how stressful weddings can be i have planned over 25 of them. Find something to relax you to get your mind off of it. Dont worry about the money lost on those plates. There is always something that will happen when it comes to planning weddings that will throw things off. Yes they should have called but things happen. Dont worry about the flower girl either. Alot of people now days dont even have them anymore. Calm your self down and talk to them about it if it is still bothering you. Or invite some other friends that you didnt because you had to many people coming already. Congrats on you upcoming wedding and im sure your day will turn out amazing! You wont even care then that they didnt show. This is about you and your man so dont let it become about people who didnt show. Its their loss not to see you guys on this day. Im sure youll look amazing as well =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sorry, but 55 bucks a plate? What are you serving, blowfish? Jumping jellybeans, that's a lot of wasted money!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• $55 is a really good deal. I hope you did a food tasting before you chose your menu. You know what they say, you get what you pay for. But I wouldn't worry about $440 dollars. I'm sure it will be made up for with all the other envelopes you will receive. Most people put $100 per person in the envelope.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yes we did a food tasting- a rather extensive one actually!! The meal will be great- its not lobster by any means, but very classy.... and the price includes linens, table settings, etc... so that's probably the bulk of what we're paying for there....
    Anonymous