Has anyone ever made you feel bad about how many kids you have?

I'm happy with my one child right now. I'm not even considering thinking about another child right now. Yet family members have to say "Well, with the next one..." and "So when are you going to try for another?"

Maddening, I tell you.
On the opposite side...

Has anyone ever told you you have too MANY children?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I came from a family of seven children and my mom got looks and lectures all the time. People did not approve of how many kids my parents had. No one could fathom that they could actually afford, care, and want that many children. If it was up to them they would have had more. My mom had 7 miscarriages and stillborn babies. 

With every pregnancy she and my dad were happy and excited, but others were mad when they found out they were having another baby. 

Our childhood was great. We were all loved and had everything we needed and more. We have all turned out happy and successful. 

AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My mom does this to my brother and his wife. She learned that I only wanted 1 kid. My brother's son is just over 2 years old and mom is always asking when he will have another one. She knew better then to ask me.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Several people have tried to tell me that many times. My mom has one friend who who tells me every time she sees me. At first it pissed me off, and now I know they have some deep insecurity if they need to tell me when and how many times I am allowed to procreate.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe some people are secretly fascinated by our sex lives LOL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• We also got the other end of the spectrum. we waited seven years between our first and second. People were always asking what we were waiting for. Ugh!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Actually both my inlaws and my mother never ever questioned us or pressured us to get pregnant. Except really come think of it, my husband was in the Army and he was TDY in Germany and I was going over to see him. Well at that point we were married for two years and my husband and I had only a two week separation but my mother in law and hubby's aunt knew our reunion would be great and to make it more exciting they packed in my luggage a black little nightie hoping another grandbaby would come out of it. Nope didn't happen then and they never pressured us again although hubby and I had a great time in Germany!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My parents only had two kids, and so did all of my other aunts and uncles, honestly!!! We got together a lot when I was a kid but still I thought it was odd through my childhood that having four aunts and uncles that every one including my parents had exactly only two kids!!!! I vowed to break that curse or mold if I were blessed to have babies. We ended up having three kids and broke the family curse!!! But no one presurred us to have any of our kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've not been offended by comments concerning the number of kids we have.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• They tell us to wait. We're not financially stable and our daughter was a wonderful "oops". But im in agreeance with them not to hqave another now. Although, some did make me feel bad about being pregnant with my DD.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• oh my gosh this is such a great question!! i have three sons that are and were wanted but people look at me like im crazy to have had three kids. i had my kids in my younger 20s and they are all 5 years apart. im 30 now and theirs ages are 12 9 and 7. i get looks and stares all the time. it makes me think badly about them because they have no right to judge me based on my three sons. it used to make me feel bad because they would look down on me like i didnt know how to take care of my kids.
    Momof3Squirts

Answer by Momof3Squirts at 8:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009