is it me or him?

I've noticed that since I've been pregnant the father of my child is acting very mean and disrespectful towards me. I've been calm and cool about the situation only yelling when i felt the need to which isn't often. but it just seems like he doesn't care that it's stressing me and the baby out. He wasn't like this before the pregnancy as far as i know. It scares me to know that he can be like this while I'm pregnant. I'm staying away from him in order to stay stress free and at this point I don't think there's any turning back. What do you think I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• WOW that's just not right. He shouldn't do that you're body is already going through enough right now like you need his attitude on top of it??? I would set him straight or move out. Your baby deserves better.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 12:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• hunny, you got to do what you got to do.. if he isn't treating you right, then he isn't treating you right, and you need to leave him.. I've been down that road before, and it only gets worse.. you gotta tell him to shape up now... or ship the hell out.. if you need any help, there are plenty of places to go if you are worried about finances, or emotional/physical harm, or anything like that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've left him already but i keep running behind him like an ass. I've recently stopped a few days ago but its still on my mind. I think its the fear of doing this on my own. I know i'll be ok in the long run, it just hurts like hell right now because he surprised me. At the end of the day my love is with this child. Im 7 1/2 months now and developing heart trouble because of all of this. All i can do is care for the baby. I hope he turns around one day. Would i be crazy to take him back after all of this crap if he changes? and how will i know he has changed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• you did the right thing. Maybe he'll calm down after the baby is born. My x was a jerk during the pregnancies and moved out but always came home after the babies were born and went back to his old self. Some men just don't do pregnancy well.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i think this is why I keep running back because I know myself. Once I let go I let go. I dont have time for games when theres things more important at hand. It will no longer be about him. So if im gone he better get used to talkin to my back because thats all he'll see. None of that back and forth crap. I just hope im not over reacting due to these hormones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I don't think leaving is the first answer. I don't think it should even be the second answer. He could be stressed out about money and the baby. He could be concerned about his job or relationship with his family. Tell him in a kind way that you're worried about him. Ask him if there is something going on that you can help him with or that he'd like to get off his chest. There could be something easy to fix that would bring back the pre-pregnancy dad. He isn't acting appropriate for sure, but you can't just bail at the first sign of trouble.
    2bennettmom

Answer by 2bennettmom at 12:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've tried it all... I've talked to him and he yells, I've wrote letters and he responds in a disrespectful manner, I've had close friends and family try to help and he yells at them and me, I've also suggested couples counseling and he cursed me out for that. he disrespected my parents, threatened to harm my family and accused me of sleeping with men since I've been pregnant. There's no winning with this guy. I don't run, never have never wanted to. But if he cant respect me now I don't think I can turn back. It's such a small problem that has spiraled out of control. i know somethings not right. he's clearly missing a few chromosomes...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It sounds like he's feeling very trapped. He want's his life back.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2009