What's a good gift for my son?

He turns 5 this summer. He like building and has blocks, no legos, yet. He would love for me to take him to the beach and pool every day but we rarely go because I haven't been feeling well. He likes using real tools. I thought about getting him a tool set of his own for one gift, and some wood to build something like a birdhouse?

He loves books & DVDs/CDs but we go to the library for that all of the time. He wants to go camping for his birthday and have animals on his cake. Any suggestions?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 12:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Buy him a new fishing pole and take him fishing. If you can take him camping, little boys his age like the outdoors and you could take him fishing there. But if you can't do much, just spend time with him. I would give my arm to have the times I had with my son when he was that age.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I think buying him tools is a great idea, but the birdhouse.....depends on how comfortable you are with him working with nails.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My husband would help with any nails/ projects. He wants tools so then what? He's gonna be itching to use them haha. He does have a fishing pole tho not mugh more. Maybe I could get him a tackle box...Thanks :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009