• In the Spotlight:

Anyone ever buy a crib from craigslist? Don't know if it's a good idea being some cribs are recalled

and not safe, I'm not buying a 3-1 crib they are to big for the room so I just need a regular one & for 2 years I hate to spend $300+

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as you know the brand and model number of the ones being recalled, you will be fine. Be a knowledgeable consumer and all will be well. ...and you get a bargain.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my 3 in 1 isnt big! and it cost under $100 at k-mart...... i didnt know regular cruibs had differnet sizes though, ive only seen 1 size mattress
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You can get one from Craiglist. Just check for recalls before you buy one. It's not like a garage sale where you can't really do any research on the product, or like a car seat, which could be unsafe from being in an accident.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2009