Im 20weeks pregnant...Is throwing up normal???

I had that whole morning sickness crap from about week 6-12. It all stopped. Now I have this bad indegestion, that only comes every once and a while, and I throw up from it. Like everything just starts to come up.

Has anybody experienced this???

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im right there with you! Lol im 29 weeks and it can be like the exorsist! I was prescibed Reglan for it. Its midler and doesnt make you as drowsey. Also the heartburn could be bad enough to make you sick. Ask about prilosic. Its safe and takes care of it. If you are throwing up to the point you need medicine to eat and keep it down please ask your doctor about both and vitamib B-12 it soothes your stomach. I hope you feel better but non of these meds should be taken without dr approval, i only know what works for me.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 2:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sorry no. I had indigestion and heartburn alot but i just used Tums and it went away. I do think they have a medication they can give you for that..or maybe it was for morning sickness.

I say, call your doctor on monday (or tomorrow if they have weekend hours) and ask them about it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yep, I had it happen with my first. It was horrible, I started to throw up blood from the acid in my throat. My doctor prescribed Nexium for me, and it helped out so much.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Girl, i threw up the whole 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from everything. alot when i got up in the morning after i brushed my teeth. it was terrible. for the heartburn i would say to drink a glass of milk or take some tums. and stay clear from the italian food or anything with alot of spices in it.

as for the throwing up?! nothing i can suggest for that. i just stuck with it for the whole pregancy. sorry but i hope this helps
    Anonymous_J

Answer by Anonymous_J at 2:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yes it's normal! I vomit the whole 1st trimester with my daughter, I am now almost 8 months, but yes! Lol it didn't matter what it was, I would throw up everything! I couldn't eat much or even keep anything down. It's normal!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• That happened when I was pg with my 2nd. I had the morning sickness (really bad nauseabut couldn't throw up) until about 13 weeks and then it came back at 28 wks and lasted about a month. I don't know what causes it but I do know to much acid can make you feel sick and can make it harder to digest food. I'd talk to your dr. Good luck.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009