The "let the baby cry" method soooooo didnt work..help!

my precious baby is approaching 3 months, she is my first, and of course i spoil her...however is it my fault now that she wont fall asleep other than in my arms? when we first brought her home we never had a problem...this came about this month.
i tried the "let her cry it out" method...and lets just say i will NEVER put her through that torture again...she cried sooo very hard and it was a cry like i never heard that just tore through my heart...and it was for only 4 minutes! ( i timed it)...she cried so hard she made herself throw up...shes ALMOST 3 months old!

does anyone have any pointers for me? again i am a 1st time mom and i am truely trying my best, i love her sooooooo much i would never want to harm or put her through stress! PLEASE comments are so appreciated!!!!!!!!

vanessaxoxo

Asked by vanessaxoxo at 1:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe you could try to have something else for her to cling to. S stuffed animal or something like that try to get her to always have it when she is in your arms falling asleep and start to put her down just before she is out. im not sure if this will help i just had my first the begining of this month but you could try it....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• The 4 month mark is when I could lay my kids down and they would go to sleep. But try one of your shirts that you have worn and put it under the sheet it really helps
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• sleep with her and breastfeed it is a sure way to get sleep.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• ..thanks for your thought! i have thought about it, my daughter has "security blankets" but i am afraid since she moves a ton in her sleep...god forbid she covers her face you know? When she gets somewhat older that was my plan. congrats on ur baby! it goes by fast!!!!
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 1:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• thanks babygirl9669! that sounds like a good idea, i will def. try that with the shirt!! have you done this before with your kids?
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 1:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Someone gave my son a little seahorse that has a tummy that lights up (like a glow worm) and it plays lullabies. My son cuddled with it since he was 2 months old. He's now 11 months old and still uses it to go to sleep. I think I saw one at WalMart. Also, does she sleep in bed with you or alone in a crib? I used a cosleeper, which seemed to be a good transition into the crib. The type that go in between your husband and you. Good luck!
    aprincebaby

Answer by aprincebaby at 1:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yeah I did it with my daughter and It worked great it also helps if the sheet is warm about body temp just make sure to put it under the sheet so that he don't get tangled up in it
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I love that glow worm that sings too. It always helps my daughter for naptimes. At night time she gets her teddy and a bottle. That knocks her right out usually. Sometimes a few nights of sitting in their room in an area they cant see you and just talking or singing helps. Every night just talk or sing for less a time until its only a few minutes a night. Good luck!
    lovegiabear

Answer by lovegiabear at 2:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Hey, how's she doin otherwise? Adrian's getting big too. And he was clingy like that. I'd say get a sling and put her in it or like others said get her a stuffed animal, glow worm, or security blanket.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Babies are not designed to sleep through the night. Not even CIO (cry it out) experts advise to allow your baby to CIO before 6 months old.

Everyone (even adults) wake at night. The goal is not for them to sleep all night without waking, it's to be able to fall back asleep. This takes time, and every kid is different. Some will be ready at 6 months, some, like mine, won't until after 2.

That said, I have a 2 year old who STILL doesn't sleep through the night, I have never let her CIO I thin it's just wrong.

You're heart and mother's intuition is telling you that ignoring your baby's cries is wrong, and it's the truth.

Give it time, it's something you cannot rush.

If you want your baby to sleep cause YOU need sleep, try cosleeping. It works wonders. Visit www.askdrsears.com to learn about safe cosleeping.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2009