when do you know when to leave the father of your child(ren)?

I have been having problems with him for at least a year straight. When do you know when it is enough and stop giving them stupid chances everytime?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• fireproof dvd
    http://resources.rbc.org/odb/pda/
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Ask him...."Do you still want to be a family, is that whats most important to you"?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have and he says i love you lets get married blah blah blah but he cant do simple things i ask him to do. im just tired really really tired. he keeps doing the same dumb shit over and over and over!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If you know in your heart that you did everything you could for your children to make it work than it's time to leave. Try and watch the movie Fireproof but make him watch it with you or suggest counseling.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Fireproof is thought provoking. Is it that he's young and immature?? Does he not understand (or you haven't had the opportunity to tell him) that his actions are pushing you away?... Because what it comes down to is, Can he "man-up" and be an asset to his family?

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• What sorts of things is he doing? I would only leave my husband if there were chronic cheating, drug or alcohol abuse with no desire for help, or physical/emotional abuse to myself or my children. My kids deserve for me to work my damndest to keep their family in tact, even when their father won't.

FYI-I don't have those issues with my husband, so I don't have that delimma, but those are my personal deal breakers.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 2:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No he is 30 and i am 23 , where is the dvd?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• How old is your child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• 16 1/2 months and i am pregnant with #2 due in first week of August
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sometimes relationship problems come from stress. Pregnancy can be very stressful on a marriage(Not sure if your married but the family bond is the same). I'd make your feelings known and then stick it out for a few more months and see if he can try to meet you half way. In the mean time I would let those close to you( your support system ) know your having difficulties and you need a shoulder and some advice.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2009