MY SON SLEEPS 9 -10 HOURS STRAiGHT WiTHOUT WANTiNG TO EAT..??

SO JACOB FALLS ASLEEP AT 12 AM.. HE EATS 6 OZ EVERY 3-4 HOURS DURiNG THE DAY AND TAKES A NAP OR TWO...(HES 4 MONTHS)
SO HE FALLS ASLEEP AT 12 AM AND WAKES UP UNTiL LiKE 9 OR 10 AM... i HAVE TRiED TO WAKE HiM UP TO EAT.. AND HE FALLS ASLEEP EATiNG..
iVE TRieD TO CHANGE His DiPER BUT HE USUALLY STAYS ASLEEP THROUGH it ALL... HES A HEALTHY BABY WEiGHS 14 POUNS 25 iNCHES LONG...

iDK iF iTS BAD FOR HiM TO BE DOiNG THiS...

jacobalex_mommy

Asked by jacobalex_mommy at 1:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter did that when she first came home. I was so worried because she was new but the doctor said as long as she is gaining weight its okay. Since I was breastfeeding, some women told me to wake her up and I did try setting my alarm and waking her, but it was IMPOSSIBLE. She was out, and didn't even respond to me lifting her eyelids, holding her, making loud noises, cold washcloths. She is now very healthy eating well, and was 90th percentile for 4 months. She didnt always sleep that way unfortunately...but she's back to it again at 9 months. If your very worried check with your ped. otherwise i'd say its fine.
    lovegiabear

Answer by lovegiabear at 1:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sounds fine to me. Most moms wish their LO is sleeping through the night by 4 months. Enjoy it now, it may not last.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My daughter was like that too.

She started sleeping through the night when she was ONE MONTH OLD! I was one lucky mom LOL
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My DS will be 4 months on the 3rd and is the same. He falls asleep around 10 and wakes up around 6:30 or 7 to eat, and then falls back asleep for a couple of hours until the girls wake him up.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Mine started sleeping through the night at about 2 months. He'd sleep sometimes as long as 12 hours, which I've read is not abnormal. At 9 months now, he sleeps abuot 8-10 hours a night. He's always been above the 95% for height and weight. As long as his growth chart is consistent, I'd think its fine. They'll let you know when they're hungry. All babies are different and you can always ask your ped to be sure.
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 2:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Oh lord I envy you! Mine are going on almost four hours tonight...I'm hoping they keep going!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Um.. Congratulations!!! You have a baby that sleeps. As long as he's a good weight just enjoy being able to sleep too.
    memaoftwo

Answer by memaoftwo at 2:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• From what I have experienced and what I have heard from the docs, honestly, don't worry about waking him up to eat. Your LO is growing and sleep helps that! Don't worry about waking him up. He will wake up if he's hungry. It will all level out. =0)
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Congrats...you have a baby that sleeps through the night. Why in the world would you want to try and wake him up?
    Let sleeping babies lie, lol.
    My oldest 2 started sleeping through the night around 5 1/2 months. My middle daughter was 5 weeks and my youngest was 3 months (exactly...the first night she slept through was the day she turned 3 months). I was excited every single time because it meant I got more sleep. Enjoy it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009