are these people crazy or am i?

my baby is just barely 3 weeks today and everyone keeps asking if she sleeps through the night...is it just me or is that just crazy? isnt it too early for her to be sleeping through the night? the longest she has went is 6 hours.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its early, but some babies do. My two youngest sisters did. Scared the daylights out of my mom. She didnt sleep a wink for a week.

MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Hey for me I think 6 hours for her age is sleeping through the night. DS was sleeping for 5 hours at that time and I was over the moon.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my dd slept about 6-7 hours on average at 3 weeks. sometimes they do start sleeping all night earlier. it all depends on the baby really
    Lilglowy

Answer by Lilglowy at 3:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You aren't crazy. My baby is almost 9 months and still sometimes doesn't sleep through the night (but then she's also teething again).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• They are crazy....and 6 hours is awesome!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• They're crazy. It's one of those questions that people will say "oh, my baby was at 3 weeks." WHATEVER. I heard one of my friends say this to a new mom just last week, and I was like "no, she didn't, I CLEARLY remember you calling me frustrated at 4 months because she had never slept through the night." Moms get amnesia or something.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My little girl did start sleeping through the night at 2 days old. It scared the PEE out of me! (and no I don't have mom-nesia). I specifically remember the second day home from the hospital I woke up from sleeping all night and started crying because my daughter still hadn't woken up to eat. She had been asleep for almost 10 hrs. I thought something was wrong with her! But then she did it again the next night, and so forth!
    So yes, it is possible, but don't count on it! If she's sleeping 6 hrs at night, that is probably what she will do for awhile. Count your blessings! Some babies wake up every 2 hrs through the night until they are a year old!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My youngest slept through the night quite early but I believe that it may have had something to do with him being in the N.I.C.U. for 35 days. I was not there to soothe him and although there were nurses there they had to take care of several babies so I think that all of the babies learned to self soothe. Also, I believe b/c he was born so early he was weaker (obviously) and so he slept.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 8:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• For a baby that age, 5-6 hours is considered sleeping through the night but odds are good that when they ask, they are meaning does she sleep through your night (6-12 hours) They are the ones who are crazy, not you.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My 3 kids all started sleeping thru the night at about 6 months. Everyone's children are different. The first night it happened it scared me (with my 1st), I had to sneak in and check to make sure he was still breathing. 6 hours is amazing!!
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2009