anybody who had,have PCOS (polysystic ovaries syndrome)

did you took medication?
what kind of medication?
oral or need operation?
i have pcos now and im taking medication...
tablet name is METFORMIN (crixen)
but i searched on the web metformin is for type 2 diabetes...

joaniane

Asked by joaniane at 2:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Health

• I have PCOS, too. I took metformin up until I got pregnant and it worked wonders. Just know that the side effects can be a little much to deal with, refined sugars and milk products make them worse for me. I didn't need surgery, never had any cysts, just the insulin and hormone problems. They use the metformin to treat it because of the insulin resistance that PCOS causes, and with treating that ALL of my other symptoms were so much better if not gone. WebMD has some really good info about PCOS and metformin, it helped me know what questions to ask my doc and helped me understand what PCOS had been doing to my body. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions or if you just need someone to talk to about it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009