MY PLACE IS NOT A PUBLIC PLAYGROUND!!!!

I HAVE SWINGS ON A TREE, BIKES, A COOL BACKYARD AND INSIDE MY HOUSE IT'S ALMOST LIKE A DAYCARE FOR MY CHILDREN. How do you feel about other mommies sending their children over to my house , open the gate w/out permition and when you least think they are "playing" w/y'r children when the trueth is that they only como over to play on the swing set and the other fun toys? I see them ignoring my children and i just feel like asking them to leave and to go to a publick playground and asking the mom to ask me first if it's o.k to send their child? Not only that those moms sit to talk about me as their children take over my childrens toys... What would you say? ,waht would you do? How do you deal w/people who all they do is use you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• You definitely need to do something. If any of those kids get hurt at your place, you could be held responsible (even if their parents are the ones that sent them over) If you can, get a lock for the gate. Put up a NO TRESPASSING sign. Aside from that, put your foot down. Make it clear that you are not a daycare, you are not a babysitter, and you are not a public playground. What they are doing is disrespecting you and your family and they need to know that you are not going to stand for it anymore. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• K first of all get hooked on phonics, then write their parents a note or call them and say I dont believe its very good manners to allow your children to come over and not even notice my kids, just their toys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You have a HUGE problem if you can't tell the neighbor kids to leave your house. "I didn't tell you that you could come over today. You need to go home because right now is not a good time. You can come back tomorrow and knock on the door and try again." OR "You didn't knock so you need to leave. Tomorrow you can try again." OR "Next time you want to come and play, you need to knock and ask first."
    Never in a million years would I allow a child to just walk into my home and start playing. I have had 12 children here playing (on several occasions) and all of them have knocked on my door and asked if they can play. I don't understand the problem. MY HOUSE MY RULES.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yeah!I really need to lear much more English, but I think I'm getting better, you should read me 2 years ago, lol uufff it was something. lol

I don't want to sound mean , I don;t mind children comming over to play, it's just that one kid comes then other then other and then it's all older kids and they are frends , it kills me to hear my two little ones calling for thier attention, I know that I will "mean" to ask them to leave and that it will be something to deal w/the moms now talking even more. I'm not a mean person I babysat for one mean one for more than 6 times and never a thank you, she would be "nice" wave hi then I knew that w/in 3 days she would be here manipulating and whining for me to babysit. that is waht I get for being kind and stupid! Now I SHOULD STAND UP FOR MYSELF AND SAY NO WHEN I MEAN NO!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• This hapends everytime we are outside in the afternon, our front yard if fenced but they do opne the gate to comein, like today, one of them did , the dog got out, i had to go get him from the street then my 2 nad 3 got out close to the street (car comming), this woman was siting out on her side walk , they both sit out there and gossip I don[t know what but I know it's making up something b/c i havent don anything bad.wrong to neather of them, but by the looks on their faces i can tell.
    so I think to myself to say to them , ((if you don't lke me why do you send y'r children here anyway? pluse htey only pretend to play w/mine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I need to be brave and accept that no matter waht they will talk about me and make up stuff , don't care anymore , I do know I have to put it to a stop!!!the sooner the better!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• YES! Stand up for yourself and your home and your children. Say "NO" to the parents and say "NO" to the kids. Your house, your rules!!! Tell the kids they can come over when they have some respect for you and your children. If they don't listen to you, you don't want them there. If they do listen, then it shouldn't make you feel bad. I tell my kids and their friends that they can play out front if there are too many of them. I have 4 of my own. Across the street, there are 4 more. Next block over (cul-de-sac's around here) there are 5. Not to mention down the street the other way, a family of 3. Plus the 4 other houses that all have 1 child. Plus my nieces and nephew (4 there too). If I let all of them into my home, I would go nuts. Let 1 or 2 (or 3 depending on how much patience you have) come over. Anymore than that and they need to go out front and play or just go home. Good luck!!!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Don't let the snooty bitches make you feel bad. Ignore them and let them deal with their ungrateful kids. Why should you take care of their kids? Don't feel bad. YOu should feel good that your kids are the ones with all the cool toys! :) LOL
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If it really is a problem then put a lock on the gate and tell the other parents to provide thier own kids entertainment. Who cares what everyone else thinks. I on the other had let the neighbor hood play with toy outside so long as no one comes in my house. Seriously the kids have so many toys it looks like a toy store vomited in here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• THANK YOU GUYS!!! THERE ARE KIDS THAT ARE NICE AND DO CONSIDER TO PLAY W/MY CHILDREN BUT ONLY THOSE KIDS FRM THE MEAN LADYS ARE RUDE TO MY KIDS, I GUESS I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING TO KEEP THE PEACE BUT IT'S GETTING OUT OF HAND, THE MEAN LADY EVEN HAS SEND HER 2 KIDS THE 8 AND 1 YEAR OLD THAT I END UP ALMOST NEGLECTING MINE TO TAKE CARE OF HERS WHILE SHE IS OUTSIDE SMOKING AND TALKING ON HER CELL OR NAD TALKING TO THE OTHER MOTHER WHO ALSO TALKES ABOUT ME AND SENDS HER KID OVER. YOU ARE RIGHT LADYS !!!I WILL FOR MY CHILDREN STOP BEING THEIR DOORMAT AND STOP ALSO BABYSITTING FOR FREE WHEN SHE WANTS A NIGHT OUT W/HER BOYFRIEND...SHE NEVER THANKS ME ANYWAY!!!
    THEY HAVE NOTHING MEAN TO SAY ABOUT ME BUT THIS TIME I SURE WILL GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!!! I'LL BE POLITE TO THE KIDS AND JUST SAY SORRY BUT NO...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2009