Bitch Session... I just need to vent!

My daughter was 2 months early. She will be 15 months on the 30th. She has a therapist that works with her two times a month and I just started her in daycare 3 weeks ago for 2 times a week because I can't afford more then that. My daughter does not talk, she hardly ever babbles, and she doesn't walk or stand on her own (well, actually, she is starting to stand on her own but not that often). I am a good mother: I play with her all of the time, I always hold her when she eats, I watch her shows with her, I sing to her, I take her for walks, etc.. I am starting to get very angry because people such as DH's grandmother tells me that if I loved my daughter she'd be in daycare more so she can see kids and I wouldn't put her through seeing a therapist, etc. etc. etc.. and then I get told that if I was a good mother then my daughter would be walking and talking. I am aware that she is behind that's why she has a therapist!! UGH!

USNmomwife

Asked by USNmomwife at 3:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• both of my kids started walking at 13 months, but my 2 1/2 year old still isnt talking. he was born 4 weeks early, and people tell me that im a bad mom too. my MIL tells me that he doesnt talk because i have 2 kids, so i dont pay any attention to him, but i do, everyday. some people just are too stupid.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i would tell your in-laws and anyone else bad mouthing you to shut the hell up. you know what is best for your child and they need to mind their own damn business. my son is almost 2 1/2 and doesn't say much. she will develop at her own pace, it might just take some time.
    ashe87

Answer by ashe87 at 4:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• most kids dont talk because they are observing....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If you were not a good mother, you wouldn't care about her socializing or seeking help. What a lot of people aren't understanding is, all children develop differently! If those were my in-laws, they'd never hear the end of me. I wouldn't allow such things to be said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Tell DH's grandmother that if she wants her in daycare so badly, then she can pay for it!! :)
    carrieelmo

Answer by carrieelmo at 9:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• So her adjusted age would be 13 months. Shes starting to walk, so thats good. As for the talking, shes doing great! My 18 month old doesnt even say that much. If you have her in daycare twice a week for socializing, that great! Tell that grandma to get off you back.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• lol.. Thank you guys for taking the time out for my bitch session.. i needed it..THANK YOU CAFEMOM FOR SUPPORTING MOMS...8)
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 9:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009