• In the Spotlight:

i think i am falling out of love w/my fiance' idk what to do. i love him but, it's just not there for me any more. he has cheated and i jus can't bring myself to forgive him. he is doin everything he can to prove himself to me but i am afraid if i give him my all again he would hurt me again. what am i to do we have a child together i jus don't kno. someone please help me.......

dabadstmom

Asked by dabadstmom at 3:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• You can go to counseling. I am so sorry this has happened to you. If you are not in love, I would not marry. If my hubby of 10 years cheated on me, I would have his papers ready and his clothes in garbage bags by the mailbox...
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 5:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Did you ever find out exactly why he cheated and fix it? That would be the first step.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You either can let go or you cant. There is nothing wrong with either. I was recently in the same situation. He did it again and I chose to let go. Its very hard but it was worth it to me.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 8:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Take time to part so you can think and see things more clearly without being emotional over the cheating. I agree with the poster who said figure out why he did it and work on fixing that. according to the book Why Men Cheat based on a study of men who cheated the number one reason they cheat isn't over sex. It's over how their wife/gf/fiance made them feel. Work on respecting each other and fulfilling each one's emotional feelings. I wouldn't get married to him for a while. This might take some time to fix but it's a fixable thing. You know him better than we do so only you know if he is worth working this out with or if he is a player just using you to get you back and do it again. Open your eyes and see him for the man he is and then make decisions on if you want to work it out or move on

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• have you talked openly with him about how you really feel that would help. im in the same situation that you are in. and its driving me insame. just give it some time. was it more than once if not try and let it go if it happens again let him go.
    swimbish

Answer by swimbish at 12:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Counseling is definately a miracle worker. Been through it myself and I can say it definately saved my marriage! I was at the point of divorce and I couldn't let him go without trying everything possible. I would try it and if it is still hard for you to forgive him, I would definately let him go. Trust is very important in a relationship and if it isn't there, the relationship is pointless. If you choose to let him go, just remember, if it is meant to be love will find it's way back! Good luck!
    mommyamber2009

Answer by mommyamber2009 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2009