what can i do to get my 1 year old to eat ?

mumd21

Asked by mumd21 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just offer new things...or stick to the old..whatever they want at that age really! The whole eating thing gets real tricky from here on out. My son is 17 months and has been fun feeding him since 12months! I suggest a pediasure or add olive oil to your babies food to ensure no weight lose and a healthy fat maintenance. GL!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My 10 month old wont eat unless she can feed herself. So we have lots of steamed veggies torn into tiny bits and those gerber meat stick also made baby sized and she eats like a tiny horse. Maybe its an independace thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Make sure that you are setting a great example by eating a healthy diet. Keep offering a variety of health foods: avocado, baked sweet potato, hummus, whole grain pasta, cooked beans, etc.
    The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; you should be able to find it at your local library; there is great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• make food fun thats what i did make faces.....like with fruits grapes for the eyes a strawberry for the nose and slices of bananas for the lips.if its dinner related then kinda do the same thing spread mashed potatoes on the plate then add corn to one little spot and say its the garden or you could do it with mixed veggies the meat well couldnt help u there sorry but my boys have no problem eating that.
    youngmama21216

Answer by youngmama21216 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2009