how to switch to formula milk from breast milk?

my son's 7mos now...n so far i'v only feed him breastmilk...i relly want to switch to formula...but not sure how...m also afraid that once he is in to formula he might not like breastmilk.

momsaranx

Asked by momsaranx at 5:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly most babies will turn their noses up at the formula. I know my daughter despised it when I had to supplement.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• when i had my second child..formula is given while i am at work...then i breastfed her when i am home..try it..your baby can just simply adjust but i suggest to consult her pedia doc as to what best formula for her.
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 7:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Why would a child love formula over breast milk? It can't be the taste. Or the smell. Or the fact that it wrecks havoc on their digestion. From colic to projectile vomiting. And what about now having to wean the baby twice? First from your breast then again from the bottle. And I hope you are ready to buy a brand new wardrobe for your child. Those nasty stains formula make each and every time a baby pukes it back out do not come out.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• actually i mix formula in his baby cereal.....which he easily takes...it's just hard to feed him from the bottle...i appreciate ev'1s suggestions but u know how it is to suddenly bring changes in ur baby's food routine....
    momsaranx

Answer by momsaranx at 10:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009