What is the biggest bug you've ever found in your house?

I just found a spider the size of Texas in my kids' room!!! I went to spray it and you could hear it running on the floor, and I have carpet! EWWWW!!! I have goosebumps and can feel it crawling all over me lol. Sucks that my husband isn't here to kill that thing! I would've crushed him but one time when I was little my mom killed a huge spider and thousands upon thousands of baby spiders came out of it so I've been terrified of stepping on spiders since. OMG that thing's body was the size of a nickel and it's legs were sooo long AHH!!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL remembering this made me laugh. When we were living in Guam we had cockroaches. Well, my hubby was at work and I'm sitting on the couch while my 2 boys who were 3 and 4 at the time were playing in their play room. One of them came in and looked up at the ceiling and said "wow look at that cock-a-roach". I screamed and jumped up, it was right above my head on the ceiling. Since I couldn't reach it to squish it, I got the great idea to use the broom to knock it down, only it ended up falling on me. I let out the biggest scream you can imagine, meanwhile both of the boys were rolling laughing at me! Only after I squished it and flushed it down the toilet could I laugh, LOL. It was big, probably 3" long or so at least. And in TX we have really huge daddy longlegs spiders, and here in WA we have the wolf spiders. I just can't seem to get away from big bugs!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• awwwwww don't kill the spiders.. just chase them out .. but the biggest bug i found it my house was one of those long long centipedes.. it was fat too.. i was like oh my .. GET IT OUT !!!!! made hubby chase it away .LOLOLOLOL..
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Just don't squish a spider when they're carrying a sac! The sac is full of baby spiders (like a thousand) and if you bust it early they go runnin!!! ugh
    I hate spiders!! We have soooo many here! I think the biggest one I've seen was a grandaddy longleg that I made hubby kill this morning. He was about 4 inches wide including his legs! ew ew ew
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Spiders.  When I lived in England the damn things were huge!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• In our last place, we had water roaches ... they're like cochroaches, but only accumulate near water. We only found them in our basement, near the drain, not in the kitchen or anywhere else. Our condo was in a flood plan, and that was the reason. Easy fix though, just had to put a mesh cover right under our drain so they couldn't get into the house. Man, those things were totally gross though!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• We don't really have many house bugs in Ireland - just a few regular sized spiders.
    I once found a hunting spider in the kitchen though - freaked me out - can't stand spiders.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• When I still lived in Texas (no winter to kill off the bugs where my ex was stationed) we always had these huge bugs in the house, no matter what I did to clean. I am pretty sure that they were cochroaches but I don't really remember for sure anymore. They got so bad that I finally called Orkin to come out every other month to spray
    nikspineapple

Answer by nikspineapple at 8:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I had a tree roach fly into my apartment in Houston. I woke up one morning and saw it sitting on a towel in the laundry basket... it was the size of a damn turtle! swear to god! I had left the patio door open that evening even though my roommate said "you don't want to do that", but I'm from NE OH and we always left doors open in the evening to cool off the house...
    My 5 year old finally killed it with a calvary sword we had hanging on the wall. after that, I left the doors closed and cranked up the A/C. I was afraid to go outside after dark after then, and a year later moved back north where bugs are bug-sized, not kitten-sized.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• In a bathroom at a gas station, i saw a roach so big that i ran out of there.It was in South Carolina....We are talking the size of a gerbil. I kid you not. It was so huge.....scary...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I found a huge praying mantis in my kitchen last summer.
    I tried saving it, but my cat got to it before me and ate it.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009