Who, besides me, is tired of hearing about Michael Jackson?

As there are many things going on in the world, from Iran to cap & tax....is there anyone else who thinks the media coverage of his death is ridiculous? My heart goes out to the family. I lost a brother myself when I was 18 and he was 21. I'm sure for the family it's not easy...but for the rest of us? Right now, for the future of our nation aren't there more important things for the media to focus on than MJ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He 'image' was tarnished by me years ago while he was in those court cases involving children. I feel bad for his family that has lost their father and brother. But I am more concerned about what the government is doing with our tax money. The news can't divert my attention away from the Senate, even if they tried. Thank goodness for C-Span.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm just happy there is something else being talked about other that swine flu. (And no, that does not mean im happy he's dead - it was a tragic loss for that family and I feel for them.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I get sick of hearing about everything that people make a big deal about. I know this sounds horrible, but like the soldier girl (I can't for the life of me remember her name now) a few years ago who was held with several others but she was the only one that got tons of attention. The others should have recieved equal treatment. (Maybe it was only on TV all the time here where she was from like WV and we get those stations in this part of VA.) And Natalie Halloway (spelling?). Yes, that was a tragedy, but there are tons of other missing people, too. I just hate it when one person gets singled out and made into this big thing. I wish that everyone missing could get that kind of attention. Maybe then more missing people would turn up. It seems to me that the world is too fixated on tragedy and death.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I'm getting kinda tired of it on TV.... we were watching TV at my sisters and her cable guide said VH1 Classic was doing a show about "top 100 hard rock songs of all time", so DH and I are like "Cool!". We turn it on and it was a MJ tribute show..
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• ~Raises hand~

I feel sorry for the guy, whether he sexually abused the children or not. Yes, he was the "king of pop" and made some amazing songs. However, I'd like to hear about something else other than his death 24/7 on here and the news.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Well if your so tired of it hearing about him, then why did you post this question? You figure if you sick of it you would not bring up what you are tired of hearing and talking about.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yep! I turned on NBS last night to watch the show, "Farrah's Story" and instead of having her on, it was Michael Jackson!!! What the heck!...Plase, GIVE IT A REST!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• THANK YOU!!! I thought I was the only one. I can't wait until I can log onto the internet, listen to the radio and turn on the tv again without hearing about the death of that child raping freak. Seriously, people, he was just an entertainer, he didn't hang the moon, he didn't discover the cure for cancer. I think we all have bigger problems to worry about right now, with the House passing this STUPID climate change bill which will put us all in the poorhouse. N.Korea threatening to nuke us, and Obamacare taking away our health insurance. And everyone is whining about the death of someone that you never even met? You have a pretty pathetic life if your biggest worry is the death of a child molesting freak show.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I know I am sick of hearing about it. People die, that is a fact, get over it all ready.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 8:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• it depends on your age ...... how much you are into his dancing and music.......
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 8:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009