How should I entertain my family and friend's at my daughters 1st b-day party?

I dont know what to do since they are adults?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They aren't going to expect much of anything at a 1 year old's party. If they know one another then let them mingle and shoot the breeze. If there are people who have never met, then introduce them around. Also, bring your daughter around to meet everyone and try to get photos of them holding her and such for her to have. If you are serving a meal, try to do it buffet style where it is informal. If you are not serving a meal (my favorite kind of party) then put out snack platters and bowls of finger treats (M&M's, nuts, candies, etc.). Have a variety of drinks on hand. When it is time to open the gifts everyone will be focused on your daughter enjoying playing with the wrapping paper and everyone will compliment on the gift given as you hold it up for all to see. Keep the cards with the gifts so you know who to send thank you cards to and what to thank them for.
    Just have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Don't plan games or anything, just let them entertain themselves the same way you would for any other party. You can do fun decoration ideas so that they have something to talk about - I think for my son's birthday I am going to hang some of my favorite outfits that he used to fit into up on a clothes line in age order newborn, 0-3, 3-6, and so on. I'll tag them and then hang them up and it will be like a conversation piece. Also leave out some first year photo albums, make a growth chart, and let your baby make the table center piece with you. That will give your family plenty to oooh and aaah and lot's to talk about!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2009