Trillion dollar deficit from "economic stimulus", now high taxes from Cap & Trade too?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't many of the millions from our trillion dollar economic stimulus package supposed to go to create jobs and make a plan to help with clean energy sources and improving our environment? What happened to that plan? Where is it in action? Why should the highest taxes in history be placed on OUR SHOULDERS, especially after this deficit??? why the need for both?

I haven't seen any benefit from the original stimulus plan (trillions in loans), so why now raising our taxes too???

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 8:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• good point, maybe next they'll want our first born for workers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I DON'T KNOW?????!!!!!!???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You have to pay for it somehow!!! Don't people realize if you spend money someone has to pay for it?? I just wish they would do NOTHING. That would be SO much better than all that is happening now.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Again, I'm all for Sarah Palin. People ripped her apart, but you know what? She's FOR less dependency on foreign oil and helped Alaska and put many plans into action. ALSO, she's a mom of a LARGE family and I'm sure she knows what it is like to run and family and pay bills. A down home woman we should put into office.

Before anyone starts with the "she shoots wolves" BS, I didn't hear any of you boycotting the airlines for wanting to gas the geese that get into the way of airplanes. Funny how some people see what they want to see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• In the state were I live. Start of building a new hospital & prison ,what would give steady jobs for 5 years. Plus after those projects are finished ,jobs for hospital & prison personnel.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• anon:09
    What plans did Palin but in action? I live in Alaska and would like to know. And I'm not so sure about her family values. You can read what Alaska conservatives think of her family values at Alaska Standard web-site. It is CONSERVATIVE news-site.So NO WAY TO BLAME LIBERALS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• $61.3 BILLION dollars for Energy from the Stimulus package AND raising our taxes?

I must be having a nightmare!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Obama is the Pied Piper and too many would rather believe in his eloquent words than attempt to educate themselves. Truly sad.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• * $11 billion funding for an electric smart grid
    * $6.3 billion for state and local governments to make investments in energy efficiency
    * $6 billion for renewable energy and electric transmission technologies loan guarantees
    * $6 billion for the cleanup of radioactive waste (mostly nuclear power plant sites)
    * $5 billion for weatherizing modest-income homes
    * $4.5 billion for the Office of Electricity and Energy Reliability to modernize the nation's electrical grid and smart grid.
    * $4.5 billion for state and local governments to increase energy efficiency in federal buildings
    * $3.4 billion for carbon capture experiments
    * $3.25 billion for the Western Area Power Administration for power transmission system upgrades.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• * $2.5 billion for energy efficiency research
    * $2 billion for manufacturing of advanced car battery (traction) systems and components.
    * $3.2 billion toward Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants. [32]
    * $500 million for training of green-collar workers (by the Department of Labor)
    * $400 million for electric vehicle technologies
    * $300 million for federal vehicle fleets, to cover the cost of acquiring electric vehicles, including plug-in hybrid vehicles.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2009