Do you have your a/c on?

If so, what is it set at?

Ours is on 69.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 9:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes 66. We like to be cool as soon as we come in the house.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• nope.. windows open lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yes, I love our new AC, this is our second summer for it. Like that commercial for some kind of cooking thing I set it and forget it. You can pick 4 times during the day and it will keep whatever temp you have set for those times. I have mine set for 84 starting at 8 AM, then at 4 PM it goes down to 77, then at 11 at night down to 74, and at 4 AM I have it go down a little bit to 73- which pulls some of the humidity out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• We have had our AC on since May. We live on the third floor of an apartment and the windows are so low to the ground I am afraid if they are open my daughter will fall out. I have it set at 78 during the day and at 70 at night. It has to be cold for me to sleep. If it is even the slightest bit hot I have nightmares if I can actually fall asleep.
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It's suppose to be about 98 today so the AC is on 77
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• We keep the A/C usually around 76...as long as we take any humidity out of the air....it stay nice and cool at that temp. There is an ocassion to turn it down if it's REALLY hot outside though.
    But when we moved into this house our electric bill ended up being $300. So We had to figure out how to keep the house cool...at what temp..and how long..that we could afford.
    BTW...OP...are you talking about central Air?
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 9:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• we've had ours on for a while. during the day its set at 72 and at night we bump it up to 76. its is HUUUUMID at my house time of year.. anything above 75 and you start to feel kinda sticky!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Had ours on for a couple of months. It is set at either 73 or74. We have an older unit but it has been very well maintained. Our ac company comes out twice a year for free to do checks on it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• jiessers ~ I think I was thinking about central air, but now I realize that there are window a/c units, too. Anyone can reply, if they want. :) I know what you mean about the electric bill, though. We are on the budget plan, which is nice because we use a lot of electricity in the summer, but very little in the winter - we like a cool house.

I went outdoors about an hour ago and the humidity is very low, there is a very nice breeze, and it isn't hot, so I turned our a/c off and opened all the windows. For the first time in about a month I can finally air out the house with fresh air! :) Hubby, grandbaby, and I are out on the patio enjoying the nice weather.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yes, not sure its setting as I tend to leave it on around 76-77 and my hubby turns it down to 72-73 and I havent looked at it this morning.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2009