can you feel the baby move at 10 weeks

i was sitting on the couch last night and all of a sudden i felt bubble row up my left side from the side to the middle part where my belly button and im was wondering if it was possible like i said im only 10 or11 weeks

mommy2be5132009

Asked by mommy2be5132009 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't think so...the baby is about the size of a peanut...and your uterus is probably not even above your pubic bone yet...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Well, I won't say it isn't possible, but I think you felt a gas bubble. Usually you won't feel baby move until around 18-24 weeks. Right now baby is so tiny that I don't think you would feel it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Is it your first baby? If so, it's highly unlikely but not impossible that it was your baby. I'm pregnant with my 3rd child and I know I have felt it move sparatically and I'm 11 weeks. At 10-11 weeks your uterus is usually just past the pubic bone.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If this is your first then I'd say no. I know with subsequent pregnancies you can feel them sooner, I first felt movement at about 11 weeks, but then it was a tiny little flutter and I've felt in maybe twice since!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No. It was a bubble in your colon.

The first sensations that you'll notice that will be the baby movements will feel like a fluttering butterfly.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009