I have to boys one is almost 19 months old and is very tall for his age and has always looked older than what he is my other is 7 months old and very short for his age I am worried about his height?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Im sorry I meant two not to
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have two boys also. One is 5 years old and small for his age, the other is 3 years old and big for his age. They are almost (but not quite) the same size. I'm thinking given another two years; the little one might surpass his brother in size. I wouldn't worry too much about their differences. Remember, even though they are brothers, and presumably have the same parents, they are still individuals who got a different mix of genes. Definitely keep an eye on the little one, and speak to your ped about your concerns, just to be safe, but try not to compare them. Some kids are big, some kids are small, you happen to have one of each.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It's a little early to worry about things like that. They have growth spurts. So don't worry about it until the pediatrician says he/she sees a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Well my niece is 3 months and big, my son is 10 months and small. They are almost the same size and they both weigh around 16 pounds.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I was going to say it's a bit early to worry, too. He's only 7 months. Kids have growth spurts (every 3 months as infants) all the time. My 6yo dd was short as an infant but now at 6 she is just average height.
    My 9yo dd was always long as an infant. It was hard to find clothes that fit her tiny waist and were long enough. She's only 4' tall now...the shortest in her class. Some of the girls are a good 6-8 inches taller then her. Even her younger brother is 3" taller (he's almost 8).
    In fact they were the same height when she was 4 and he was 3 and by the next year he was taller then her (they are 15 months apart). Now the 6yo is almost as tall as her because she hit a huge growth spurt last year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Stop worrying. Just because you have 2 kids, doesn't mean they will both be the same height or weight. Each child will be different. It is normal and it is ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Don't worry at all, most of my kids are big for thier age, especially when they are young, my 5 year old (girl) is the same size and weight as my 7 year old (boy), but he looks super skinny and she looks chunky. One of my boys was always really small compared to the others, super skinny and super short, he is now 16, taller then all my other kids, who were predicted to be around 6 foot, and they aren't, but he alomst is, he is still slim but very muscular at the same time. There is no way to tell what the future has in store for them, my son was also the last one to go into puberty....go figure!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would not worry My 4 year old looks like he's 6 and my 9 year old looks 6 they can wear each others clothes they just got different genes from me and dh As long as your son is growing steady the dr won't worry

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2009