HELP ME!!! I want to walk, and I have been doing so good! But now my tennis shoes are rubbing HUGE blisters on my heels....what can I do?

So far I have lost 6 lbs....and I have been walking every morning.

I have nice New Balance tennis shoes that fit....not too big or too small.
But I barely made it home today b/c of the huge blisters on my heels!

I even wanted to run, but couldnt b/c of my blisters....

Do you think new shoes would help? A different brand or maybe a specialized walking shoe?

Whats wrong, is this normal when you walk a lot?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am training for the breast cancer 3 day.. and in 5 months I have lost 56 lbs! yay! but I also have the same issue. I found if you but a barrier between the shoe and the place on your foot where blisters tend to form, it usually helps. mole skin is what they advise us to use on the walk but keep in mind this is very strong and lasts a LONG time.. we will be walking 60 miles in 3 days so there is a need for something that powerful.. for regular walks I suggest band aids, or a product called new skin blister pads. that will help heal the blisters and prevent new ones.. another thing (I had to get used to) is dont remove calluses that form.. your body does this to help prevent blisters and such.. Limit the amount of skin removed during pedicures.. now I am not saying to have gross monkey feet, but you get the picture..lol Hope this helps! keep walking! You are doing great!!!!!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Buy new tennis hoes or thicker socks.
    Or you could buy a tredmill, which you can walk on in slippers or barefoot without hurting your feet.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would go and by specific walking sneakers at a sporting goods store where the employees know what they are talking about. Most stores don't always have this particular brand but my favorite are Ryka's....they get sold on either QVC or HSN a lot.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Wow Tzutchka 56 lbs!!!! I might look into training for a marathon too, that might give me even MORE motivation!

I think I have seen those skin blister pad things, I will have to look, I think I saw them at Walmart!

Gross monkey feet.....ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!

Thanks everybody!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009