Has anybodies doctor...

actually prescribed them ibuprofen while pregnant?!?

I went to my OB yesterday (Im 26 weeks) and told her about my siatic nerve pain and my knee pain because I twisted it getting out of the shower and she told me she was giving me a prescription for ibuprofen, to take it for a week every 6 hours and gave me 60 pills..Thats alot more than a weeks worth..
I came home and called the OB on call because my doctors office was closed by the time I got home and the OB on call said they would NEVER prescribe a pregnant women ibuprofen and not to take it which I already knew..

anyone else have this happen to them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ibuprofen has stuff in it to make swelling go down (sorry can't think of the world!). They don't want you taking it while pregnant because it can cause you to miscarry or cause severe damage to the fetus. I wouldn't even start taking it and call your doctor's office in the morning and ask that the hell the doctor was thinking!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yeah you aren't supposed to take ibuprofen when pregnant, only tylenol!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• no...i asked for more pain meds for my headaches once, and she said the only thing i could take was tylenol
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i believe the reason behind not being able to take ibuprofen is b/c is has asprin in it wich causes some sort of syndrom(haveing brain farts today sorry) but i have heard people being on darvset and morphine while preg i was on relfin for migrains when i was preg but every dr is different i wouldnt take anymore of the ibuprofen but just stick with tyenol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009