We found a lump on our 4 month old babies neck..what could it be?

Last night(Friday) we were sitting on a blanket with the baby watching my step daughters softball game.Our baby moved a certain way and my SO saw a bump on her neck.He picked her up to look and feel for it and he found it.It's about the size of the tip of a pencil eraser and hard.It does not seem to cause her any pain. I am so worried. I can't call the doctor until Monday to make an appointment.Has anyone else ever experienced this and found it to be just something simple?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like a lymphnode, but I'd still have her checked. They dnt sell for no reason @ all...probably trying to fight off something. Also, if I get an ingrown hair or a scratch of any kind on my head, my lymphnodes swell. hope ur lil one is ok!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 11:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• TAKE HER TO THE ER IF YOURE THAT WORRIED ABOUT IT. ID JUST MAKE AN APPT. WITH THE DOCTOR OR GO TO THE ER, IT COULD BE NOTHING BUT BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2009