Child Care Question

Thanks.... I do home child care & I have a parent that I gave a HUGE discount to for her family matters - No prob there I did nt mind because God blesses me - Ok....

Her time is just 4 hjours & for the rate she has they really cant beat but the husband didnt come to pick up meaning she did & it was 2.5 hours after their normal time. They've been just one week with me - She issued me a $150 check... Im assuming it is a late fee for 150 minutes for each child.... That wasnt a gift & I didnt look until later after she issued it - I didnt ask for a late fee although it is in my policy ...

What do I say to that????

Also, I am a VERY heart fillied person so I am very sensitive to people's issues....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Am I to understand that she paid more than you asked for? If so, I would ask her if it was for just the one week or if it was intended for the month or what not. Make sure you get it straight now. If it was intended as a bonus, be sure to thank her!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I do that to my babysitter all the time. Esspecially when she deals with wacky things like late pick ups. she always makes sure to ask me about the extra $ & I make sure she keeps it. I figure it is the right thing to do. AND that way I don't feel so bad when I hear he wanted a pretzel at Aunt Annies (& she got it for him) or he insisted on eating her poptarts because thats what her daughter was having & I sent him with waffles.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You say thank you

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009