Why do you think that Michael Jackson had all the alterations done to his face?

I have been watching Michael over the years and in his final ones he turned almost eerie in appearance, with the permanent liner and brows. I do know that he had a disease that took the pigment out of his skin but come on there is alot of good products out there

jjross

Asked by jjross at 11:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• The news on CNN says that the skin disorder he had does cause loss of pigmentation on patches or the entire body. I think some of the makeup was to give him a little color to his skin. I also think he had really low self esteem behind the stage, and was trying to reinvent himself, but went too far.
    It's really a sad situation. He was such an awesome performer, but life treated him pretty cruelly.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• When you have tht diesease you dont lose color ALL over your body evenly, you lose it in patches. He bleached his skin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• He did have a disease and that is why he bleached his skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I think trying to change his appearance and his skin disease is what ultimately killed him. He was said to have had over 60 surgeries done on his nose alone. Add in the scrip drug addiction, he is said to have been anorexic too. I'm not insulting him. Like the pp said...I too believe he had a very low self esteem off the stage. Poor man had some issues...but, that doesn't not hide the fact he was a talent that will not be forgotten.

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Bleaching your skin is one thing, but changing your nose, cheek bones, lips, and whatever else he had done to his faces is a sign that he does not like the man in the mirror. I can recall reading somewhere that his father used to call him ugly as a child. Criticizing his lips and telling him he has a big nose. This stuff really stays in a child's head all of their lives and usually self hate and a bad body image is the result.
    tessiemae41

Answer by tessiemae41 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• The skin pigmentation thing is correct but I think a lot of it had to do with self esteem issues (as stated by tessiemae). It's really a shame because he was so cute in the 80's. Be careful of what you say to your kids, ladies.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009