how do i get my 1yr old to stop pinching

youngmama21216

Asked by youngmama21216 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you have told him No and he still isn't listening pinch him back so he knows how it feels. It shouldn't take more than once. Pinch him gently of course, but enough that he feels what you are feeling.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 12:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Baby time out time.

Hold him in your lap immobilized and count backwards from twenty. There is little that a squiggler hates more than having movement restricted.

If you pinch him back, you are sending the lesson that pinching can send a message; not sensible to me...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If you pinch him back, you are sending the lesson that pinching can send a message; not sensible to me...

HUH??? Pinching them back is a sure fire way to make them stop. I raised 5 children, 4 of whom are now grown. Pinch me once, shame on you, pinch me twice, shame on me! They have to learn self control and discipline. I am NOT a mean Mommy, as a matter of fact, I am very laid back, however, if a child does not listen when they are hurting you or someone else, they need to be shown what they are doing. Sometimes they don't realize it hurts, they are just looking for ways to get a reaction out of you.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2009