did your period come back while you were b/f?

My baby is just over a month old and I'm b/f and I got my period last night-i think! My girlfriend never had a period while b/f...did u?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had dd. Used depo shot for 12 mo, Nursed for 18 months.. My period didnt come back until dd 2nd birthday ...
    For 2-3 mo before I had my first period i would cramp for a week just like a period, just had nothing to show for it....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I had a regular period the whole time I was breastfeeding. It actually went to a 25 day cycle instead of a 28 day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Didn't till 10 months
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It's different for all women but, I didn't have a period during b/f - 9 month pregnancy, 13 months b/f - next month to cycle... o man that was the best 2 years of my adult life (except for the after delivery bleeding - I had a c-section so I bled a bit longer)!! Too bad I can't nurse or be pregnant forever! LOL
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've had 2 babies and with both of them my period came back 6 weeks post delivery and was regular and on time. I was so bummed. My babies were EBF and I still got periods. Oh, and when each of them turned 10 months old, I also got pregnant again.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It might not be your period... I thought I had gotten mine at 6 weeks, I was so mad! But when I had my OB appointment he said it wasn't likely and that it was probably just some left over stuff that had to come out. It seemed like a period though... and lasted about a week.
    And he was right... I didn't get it again until my son was 6 months.... while I was still breastfeeding. And now that we just weaned at almost 12 months it's thrown my cycle off... so I think it much be a horemone drop or something.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009