Can a Dr. do anything for my toe?

Thursday I stubbed my baby toe really bad! Its purple & swollen & now the top of my foot by my 2 other toes is also turning purple.
Im not in any constant pain, I just cant walk on it very well.
So is there any reason to go to the Dr. ? Ive always heard there is nothing they can do about broken toes or whatnot (but i dont think its broken since it doesnt hurt)
Anyone thats done this know about how long until my toe will be normal again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Health

• I did this to a big toe. I didn't go to the doctor. (My parents didn't take us unless we were really injured badly). I am sure that it was broken because it is now bent. It healed fine on it's own.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 6:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've heard that too, that they can't do anything for a toe. If yours is swollen and bruised, I am thinking that it may be broken. I think I'd go to the doctor, if it were me, just to make sure if it is a break that the bone will heal properly. Or maybe you could call the doctor's office and talk to the doctor or nurse and ask.

Answer by Bmat at 11:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've had it happen twice to me. The worst was when I was 8 months pregnant, walking down the stairs in the house and we had been getting things ready to move into a new house, so there was a big tv sitting against the wall right across from the stairwell. Well it was the middle of the night and I needed a drink, so as im walking down the stairs in the dark, I missed the bottom step, tripped, kicked the tv and split my pinkie toe. As much as it hurt, there was nothing they could really do for it. They didn't xray, but if you really think yours is broken they may just take an xray to be sure the bone is set properly, and may give you one of those shoe things you wear just to keep you from bending your toe. Mine definitely wasn't broken that time, but I think I broke it before and now it hurts sometimes so I would go have it checked.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have broken my toe...quite badly in fact. When they were done laughing in the ER about how I had done it, and we got the bleeding stopped there was nothing else we could do.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I dropped a wooden headboard on my foot breaking 3 toes. I was scared to take my shoe off for fear they would fall out of my shoe. (truth). The ER just xrayed and said yep they are broken now go home and take a Tylenol. Nothing they could do. I had to elevate my foot but that was it. My sister said her dr just told her to tape her injured toe to the one next to it but to save her money and not come in as he couldn't do more than that for her

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009